By allowing another person to access a Gmail account you own; You can allow it to read your e-mails, send and delete e-mails, and manage your contacts. The authorization option in Gmail is much more convenient and secure than giving your password to someone else. Giving passwords brings many problems. It also gives you access to all Google services with one Google account. Therefore, most of the time, the authorization option in Gmail is much more reliable.
Granting Access Authorization to Mail Account
An authorized agent can access your Gmail account for limited purposes. However, it cannot view or change important account settings. Here’s how you can authorize:
1 Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
2 Select Settings from the menu that appears. You can go to the relevant page from the link below.
3 Go to the Accounts and Import Process tab.
4 ” Grant access to your account ” section of the ” Add another account ” link.
5 In the E-mail field, enter the e-mail address of the person you want to authorize on your account and click Next Step.
6 Select “Send e-mail to authorize”.
7 Wait for the recipient to accept the request. The buyer must approve your request before they can act as authorized.
How to Login Gmail Account as Authorized?
To log in to a Gmail account you’ve been assigned as authorized:
- Open your Gmail account, then click your profile icon in the upper right corner of the Gmail screen.
- Under ” Authorized accounts “, select the desired account.
- All authorized persons of the account can read and send e-mails at the same time through their authorized Gmail account.
What Third Accounts Connecting to Gmail Can and Cannot Do
A third party authorized in a gmail account can take the following actions:
- It can read and send e-mails.
- Can delete messages.
It cannot perform the following operations:
- It cannot chat with everyone on Hangouts.
- Cannot change Gmail password.