It is still up to users to ensure the security of social media accounts. Experts recommend that you change your password frequently to avoid theft of your accounts and activities without your knowledge. Today we will tell you what needs to be done to change the password on Twitter.
Last night, we got a very concrete example of how insecure our social media accounts are. The official account of Jack Dorsey, who is the founder, partner and CEO of Twitter, with 4 million followers was taken over. The hackers who took over the account made hate speech on Dorsey’s account.
Twitter officials also confirmed that Dorsey’s account was stolen and stated that they are investigating what happened. According to Twitter’s statements, the source of the problem was the seizure of the phone number registered in the account and the sending of messages from the phone. Whatever the outcome, this example is proof of how unsafe social media can be. Even if you own one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, your account can be stolen.
The easiest way to ensure account security is to change a password:
The easiest and fastest way to secure your social media accounts such as Twitter is to change passwords frequently. If you don’t know how to change your Twitter password in the Android app, follow the steps below in order:
How to Change Password on Twitter?
- Log in to the app and press your profile. Select the “Settings and privacy” option from the drop down menu.
- Tap on “Account” in the next menu.
- Press the “Password” option on the page that opens.
- After entering your current password, write your new password at least 6 characters and click on “Update password”.
If you can not remember your Twitter password / access your account:
Well, let’s say your account is hijacked and you are unable to access it, in this case, follow the steps below to get your Twitter password and access your account again:
- On Twitter’s login page, “Forgot your password?” Click on the text.
- Enter your email address or username in the inbox.
- On the next page, make sure that the link to be sent for your password reset request goes to the correct email address and click “Continue”.
- Enter your registered email address and click the “Reset password” link in the email.
- Create your new password on the page that opens.