Go to https://login.yahoo.com/forgot in a web browser . This website will help you recover your Yahoo account by sending a confirmation code to your backup email address or phone number.
2Enter your Yahoo email address and click Continue . If you don’t remember your Yahoo email address, enter your recovery phone number or email.3
- To retrieve his account, he or she must have access to the recovery email address or phone number. If there is no way to access these accounts, you can talk to one of Yahoo’s support team for a small fee. To do this, go to https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account and click the Speak with a live agent tab near the top right corner of the page .
- If you haven’t logged into your account for more than 12 months, your account may have been permanently deleted from Yahoo’s server.
Review your help email address or phone number. Email address or phone number will be partially displayed. If you have access to this email address or phone number , click Yes, send me verification code . If not, click the I have no access button to view another option .
- If you do not have access to any of the recovery options, you will see a message saying “It seems we cannot recover your account online.” Click the Start Over button to try again with a different email or phone number .
- If the phone number is verified, you may be asked to enter two of the missing digits to confirm that the number is yours. If so, enter the correct numbers in the blue underlined section and click the Submit button.
Find the verification code in the message from Yahoo. If you chose an email address for recovery, open that address’s inbox and then the message from Yahoo. If you entered a phone number, you will receive a text message with the code.
5Enter the verification code and click Continue . At this stage, your account is saved. Since you do not have access to your old password, you will now be given the opportunity to create a new password.6Click the Create a new password button.7Write your new password on both lines. Make sure you type the same password on both.8
- If you don’t see a message from Yahoo in your email inbox, it might be in the Spam or Junk folder.
Click the Continue button. You have now logged into your account with your new password.
- When you log back in, you will be able to edit the recovery options. You can add additional recovery accounts or remove those you no longer have access to by following the instructions shown on the screen